A cough is the most common impulse action that can clear the throat of mucus or strange irritants. It affects the person easily in the different situations and it mostly affects along with the cold, flu and fever. In fact, they may affect the person at the time when the season changes like winter, rainy and more.
However, this cough is a contagious disease and can spread from one person to another through the air and some other things. Therefore, it is really important to get the treatment to avoid this problem.
Causes and types of the coughs
Generally cough may affect the person by the different reasons and here are some reasons that you know.
- Common cold
- Inhaling irritant
- Chronic sinusitis
- Lung cancer
- Heart failure
These are main reason that can affect the person to make cough. Of course, the coughs are classified in the different categories and they are listed as follows.
- Acute cough
- Sub acute cough
- Chronic cough
- Dry cough
- Nocturnal cough
Based on the feel and the duration of this infection, the coughs can classify in this manner. However, all these coughs should be properly treated to avoid the problems.
Treatments to avoid the cough problem
There are some tips that can be used for treating cough problem from your home and they are mentioned as follows.
- Stay hydrated – Drinking fluids can help to slight out the mucus in the postnasal drip. Therefore, the drinking liquids can be useful for keeping your mucous membranes humid.
- Hot drinks and try tablet – It is better to use the menthol cough drops to keep moisturize your throat. Furthermore, drinking warm tea with honey is also effective for soothing your throat and therefore, you can try this method for getting rid of coughs.
- Take steamy showers and use the humidifiers – Hot shower can help to getting relief from cough by loosening secretions in the nose. Of course, this steam can also help to ease the coughs and not only from the colds and also from the allergies. In addition to that, the humidifiers are also effective for avoiding the cough problems in the most effective manner.
- Avoid the irritants from the air – The worst irritants in the air like smoke can make the cough problems. If you are a smoker, you just need to stop this habit. For some people, perfumes and the scented things may cause the cough. So, they can also avoid this thing to get rid of the cough in the well effective way.
- Take enough medications to treat the cough problem – Taking decongestants medication can help to give relief from your cough. These decongestants are available in the form of pills, nasal sprays and syrups. Therefore, you can take it to avoid the problems of cough.
Home remedies to get rid of cough
- Honey – Honey is the excellent soothing agent that can help to avoid the irritation on the throat. Medical researchers have found that the honey can work more effectively than over the counter drugs. In fact, it is the rich demulcent with the high thickness and gumminess on the throat.
- Licorice root tea – Licorice root is both the expectorant and demulcent that can concurrently soothing the airways in the throat. Furthermore, it is also effective for loosening and thinning the mucous to ease the congestion. Added with these things, it can also be useful for easing the inflammation of your throat in the well effective way.
- Gargle the salt water – It is the most famous remedy that can help to give the relief from sore throat. This is because that the salt water is also effective for easing the discomfort that is caused by the cough. Here, the concentration of the salt can ease mucous membrane and the water flow can help to give the relief in the throat.
- Tea thyme – This remedy is having the anti microbial properties and therefore, it restricts the infection in the throat. As well as, it can also open up the airways to give ease of coughing.
- Pepper – It is the most unique substance that can help to give the effective features for coughing. This spice is having the property to reduce the cough problem. Of course, you can take this remedy by combining with the honey, ginger and some other things.