Whenever you are shaving your head, you may develop unpleasant bumps that are appeared on your scalp. These kinds of the bumps are often called as the hair bumps or the razor bumps. In fact, these hair bumps are often appear on the individuals who are having the curly or crude hair.
What are hair bumps?
According to the University of Alabama at Birmingham wellbeing system, the ingrown hairs and the razor bumps are highly appeared on the African and American people, because they are having curly hair. The main reason of the hair bumps is that the hair grows back to the skin and results in the swollen and raised area. It makes more pain and irritation on the skin.
This condition is mostly occurred frequently when people shave to get rid of their unwanted hair on their facial area, legs, underarms and bikini area. As it is giving loads of pain on the scalp, it is better to take some treatments to avoid it. In this article, you will see how to get rid of hair bumps in the easiest way.
Home remedies for treating the hair bumps
If you are affected by the hair bumps on your skin, you may use some home treatments to get relief. For this purpose, there are a large number of home remedies that are having the features to cure the hair bumps in the highly effective manner. Let’s see some of the home remedies that you can use for curing the hair bumps in the easiest manner.
- Sugar scrub – Sugar is the wonderful skin scrub that can be useful for getting rid of the ingrown hair problems. In fact, it is very effective for gently exfoliating the skin and removing dead cells. Therefore, it can soothe your skin to come out the ingrown hair. Of course, it can also be effective for making silky smooth skin.
To apply this scrub, you need to mix one cup of white sugar with a half cup of extra virgin olive oil or the jojoba oil. You have to stir it with 10 drops of tea tree oil or the lavender oil. After that, you have to apply this mix on the affected area and gently scrub the skin in the circular motion for few minutes. Finally, you can rinse the skin with lukewarm water. When you follow this procedure for some time, you can get rid of the hair bumps quickly.
- Baking soda – It is also an excellent remedy that is having the smooth effects on the skin for its anti inflammatory features. Additionally, it can also help to get relieve from the itching of the skin by the exfoliation.
You can make the remedy by mixing the soda with one teaspoon of water. Then, you have to dip a cotton ball in the solution and dab it over the affected skin. Let it stay on your skin for few minutes and then wash it off with the cold water. You can repeat this remedy for two times in a day to get full relief from the hair bumps problem.
- Tea tree oil – As the tea tree oil has the anti bacterial, anti inflammatory and anti septic properties, it can help to heal the skin and preventing the infection.
For this purpose, you have to add some drops of tea tree oil with the distilled water and apply it on the affected area. After some time, you can rinse the skin with the antibacterial soap. You can do this step for two times in a day for getting rid of the hair bumps problems.
Of course, it is also effective to mix this tea tree oil with the olive oil for getting the wonderful features.
- Aspirin – It is the wonderful remedy to avoid the hair bumps problems. As the aspirin tablets are having the anti inflammatory properties, it is very effective for reducing the swelling and can fights with the inflammation to treat the mild infections. Added to that, the salicylic acid which presents in this substance can help to loosen hair on the skin.
To apply the remedy, you just need to soak two tablets in water and wait for some time until it becomes the paste level consistency. After that, you can apply on the affected area and wait for few minutes to reduce the swelling.
How to remove hair bumps?
- You have to clean and apply the affected area
- Release the ingrown hair with the sterile needle
- Treat the hair bumps with the glycolic acid based lotion
- Reduce the inflammation with the cortisone cream
- Apply the topical antibiotic creams to prevent infection