Race for Health Members Network
Previously NHS organisations could become members of Race for Health by making an expression of interest to the National Director supported by a formal submission document. This included the following.
- A brief overview of the population served, demographics, morbidity and key issues for BME communities (circa 1000 words).
- A brief account of action taken to address race equality and areas that are outstanding (circa 750 words).
- A copy of the Race Equality Scheme.
- An action plan for community engagement with anticipated outcomes.
- An explicit statement of commitment to the programme from the Chair, the Chief Executive and, where appropriate, the PEC Chair. This involves taking on board the Race for Health pledges (attached) and full participation in the activity of the programme through: identifying director level representation for the Programme Board, identifying a dedicated Programme Lead and participation in the peer review process.
The Race for Health Members Network for 2011
Race for Health is now pleased to announce that it is opening applications to join the Race for Health Network to organisations and individuals who are committed to improve health equality for all. The Network provides access to information, networking opportunities, shared learning opportunities, advice and support on all aspects of the equality agenda in health and social care. It also provides an influential, informed and respected voice on matters of equality and health and social care.
Joining the Network offers access to experienced and ‘kite marked’ consultants, our Thinking Partners, at preferential rates. Preferential rates also apply to bespoke learning, development and diagnostic pieces of work that can be designed to meet your particular needs.
Joining could not be easier – just send your details to Musmirah.firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be added to our Network membership.
If you are applying on behalf of an organisation please ensure that you include details of the contact person for that organisation.
All current members and alumni will automatically transfer to the new Network membership unless we are advised otherwise.
There is no joining fee. However, if you wish to join the Network and you intend commissioning some work from Race for Health, you are welcome to arrange advance payment if that is helpful as we approach the end of the financial year.
- If you wish to discuss any aspect of the Network, please contact Prof. Helen Hally (National Director Race for Health) at: email@example.com
- Details required include your: a) Full Contact Name, b) Job Title, c) Organisation Name, d) Email Address and e) Contact Telephone Number. Please send your details to Musmirah.firstname.lastname@example.org