Calling on African & Caribbean people affected by prostate cancer
Written by admin on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 14:17
The Prostate Cancer Charity is calling on African & Caribbean people affected by prostate cancer to help us make sure the work we do is informed by your Voice. Prostate Cancer Voices are at the heart of The Prostate Cancer Charity’s work. It is a network of people affected by prostate cancer, who help inform and shape our services and campaigns.
Each month, Prostate Cancer Voices are sent a bulletin via email or post which details information about how to get involved with the Charity’s work, whether helping us decide on a campaign name, reviewing our leaflets or telling us about their personal experiences of NHS care.
Opportunities that Prostate Cancer Voices have been involved in in the past include:
- Taking part in a Hormone Therapy Focus Group
- Helping evaluate our Prostate Cancer Awareness Month in March
- Reviewing and commenting on our Information leaflets
- Helping inform our fundraising strategy by taking part in a Golf fundraising steering Group
They want to grow Prostate Cancer Voices to enable more African & Caribbean people affected by the disease to have a say in their work, influencing development and helping to make sure services meet your needs.
- If you think this is something that you, your colleagues / contacts would be interested in getting involved in, please contact Philippa on 020 8222 7665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been made, be the first to comment!